Farm & Garden Supervisor Job In New Zealand
New Zealand Organic Farm.
Farm Management (Farming, Animals, & Conservation), Southland.
30-35 dollars an hour.
A 30-minute journey from Te Anau, Organic Farm New Zealand (OFNZ) is located in the stunning Fiordland region. OFNZ has held Biogro certification since 2006 and focuses on creating organic, high-impact, seasonal, and tailored freeze-dried snacks, supplements, meals, and beverages utilizing fresh products from our on-site garden. To manage and optimize our farm and garden operations, we are looking for a committed and experienced farm and commercial supervisor.
In your role as OFNZ’s Farm & Commercial Garden Supervisor, you will be in charge of overseeing and running all facets of our organic farm and gardens. This position is essential to maintaining high-quality organic products, fostering a productive workplace, and guaranteeing the ongoing expansion and sustainability of our farm operations.
- All farm and garden tasks, such as planting, harvesting, irrigation, and pest control, must be planned, coordinated, and supervised.
- Manage the agricultural staff, offering direction, instruction, and support as necessary.
- Create and implement farm schedules, budgets, and strategies to maximize output and resource use.
- Ensure adherence to the rules and requirements for organic farming.
- oversee the upkeep and repair of infrastructure, machinery, and farm equipment.
- Keep track of and manage the materials, tools, and supply inventory for farming.
- Work together with the food production team to deliver organic, fresh produce on time and in compliance with specifications for quality.
- Use environmentally responsible and sustainable farming methods.
- Keep thorough records of all farm activities, including crop yields, stock levels, and spending plans.
Required abilities & skills
a minimum of two years of experience in farm management or a position closely related to agriculture.
strong team management and leadership abilities.
excellent understanding of the rules and procedures used in farms and gardens.
strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Effective communication abilities and the capacity for teamwork among varied individuals.
Paying close attention, and a dedication to excellence and sustainability.
the capacity to adjust to new difficulties and farming situations.
understanding of farm equipment maintenance and operation.
Competencies & Experience:
- certificate that is pertinent (preferred but not necessary).
- 2 years or more of relevant experience in farming.
- Although not necessary, familiarity with organic farming methods is useful.
- Permanent, full-time work with a minimum of 32 hours each week.
- Competitive pay that is in line with one’s qualifications and work history.
- Daily transportation to and from the workplace is offered, about 40 minutes each way.
- expanding group with potential for career advancement.
- attractive, natural workplace.
- There are up to 5 openings for this position.